Do you feel as though you are not using your ducted heating system to the best of its ability? Are you constantly working on the controls to get the right comfort level in different rooms? Are there many unused rooms and areas in your home that actually do not require heating?
Zoning is an efficient method that helps you save money on heating bills and maximises unit performance. This article will go over the benefits of zoning and why it is a great option for you.
What is zoning?
Zoning is a way to break up your homes into different “zones” or areas, and a thermostat controls each zone separately. It is especially beneficial if you don’t always use all the rooms in your house, because you can use zoning to only heat the rooms you are using.
It is a cost-effective way to enjoy your ducted heating system. Many people love zoning their homes because it helps them save energy, lower the heating bills, and keep the home comfortable.
A well-working zoned system relies on the dampers in your ducts. Dampers are valves that help control the airflow in your home. Next, a thermostat should be in each zoned area to control the dampers in the air ducts. When you make your thermostat cool down a room, the thermostat will send a signal to open the damper which lets more air through. And when the zoned area reaches the desired temperature, it will close the damper and send the air to the rest of your home.
What are the benefits of zoning?
There are many reasons why a zoning system can benefit you. We’ll cover some of the main ones below:
- Save Money
- A zoning system allows you to control the airflow. For example, if you don’t use the guest bedroom, you can turn off the airflow to that room, and your ducted heating system won’t have to work as hard. This helps to maximise the unit’s performance as it works to only heat the rooms you need. With your ducted heating system working more efficiently, you can expect your monthly heating bills to be lower too.
- Everyone’s Happy with the Temperature
- Do you and your family always fight over the thermostat? With a zoning system, everyone would be able to control the temperature in their rooms to match their own needs. This is a perfect solution for families who have different temperature preferences.
- Even Temperature Distribution
- Another benefit of zoning systems is that they eliminate hot and cold spots. Now you don’t have to worry about parts of your house not getting enough warm air as others. With zoned heating, you’ll be able to ensure every part of your house heats at the same rate.
Is zoning right for you?
Do you want to have more control over your ducted heating system? Zoning is the perfect option for people who want to maximize their unit’s efficiency and save money. No more fighting over the thermostat or receiving expensive monthly heating bills. If you want to use a zoning system or to find out if your existing system can be paired with zoning, reach out to the Melbourne heating and cooling experts in Total Electrics & Air-Conditioning.